Seegmiller mountain is a prominent peak in Mohave County, AZ just across the Utah border. It has a significant radio tower at the top, and with no power to the area it requires trucks regularly driving to the top to keep the generators fueled. This makes the journey very easy, with the top accessible by a high clearance vehicle, or an easy hike.
|Elevation Range:||1220 ft|
|Low Elevation:||4980 ft|
|High Elevation:||6200 ft|
Seegmiller mountain can make a fun drive, or a nice hike up a dirt road. 4 wheel drive isn't strictly necessary, but the road is rocky and high clearance is required.
The view is great - you can see all the way wouth to Mt. Trumbull, north to most of the cities in Washington Conty, and up through Zion, Cedar Mountain, and Pine Valley.
Be careful of the radio tower at the top, and make sure to treat the private property immediately around the tower and equipment as dangerous. Do not trespass!
ReviewsLeave a Review
No reviews yet - be the first!
- From River Road in St. George, drive south until you cross under the overpass for Southern Pkwy, and the road turns to dirt
- Drive 14.3 miles south on Mount Trumble Loop
- At the sign for Seegmiller Road, take the left fork
- After about 1 mile, continue the main road to the right and up the mountain (this will make a great stopping point if you want to hike the remainder)
- After 4 more miles, you will arrive at the top, right at the base of the water tower.